JRooz IELTS review center in Manila, for one, offers courses that are tailored to meet the students’ learning demands. The instructors in the IELTS review center in Manila are approachable and accommodating. They can make you feel at ease during IELTS review lectures with their professional discussion method and friendly teaching approach.
The Different Parts of Speech
One of the basic lessons that you will encounter in an IELTS review class is the different parts of speech.
The noun is the simplest part of speech. It pertains to words that are used to name persons, things, animals, places, ideas, or occurrences. It can be singular or plural.
Example: JRooz Review Center is a learning institution.
George W. Bush was a former American president.
Dogs are lovely creatures.
Today is her birthday.
The noun has different types.
1. Proper nouns are words that always start with capital letter and pertain to particular names of people, places, or things.
Example: Moana, Mica’s Bakeshop, Porsche
2. Common nouns are words that pertain to the generic names of people, places, or things.
Example: girl, pastry shop, car
3. Concrete nouns refer to nouns that can be perceived through the five senses.
Example: person, pencil, paper
4. Abstract nouns refer to nouns that are intangible.
Example: justice, faith, religion
5. Count nouns pertain to anything that can be counted and has a singular and plural form.
Example: table, book, cats
6. Mass nouns also called non-countable nouns. They need "counters" to be quantified.
Example: cup, meter, grams (counters)
rice, garter, sugar (mass noun)
7. Collective nouns refer to a group of persons, animals, or things.
Example: class, committee, team
The pronoun is a part of speech used to replace a noun.
Example: She is my instructor.
It is beautiful.
They went to the IELTS class earlier than expected.
The adjective is a part of speech used to describe –such as the quality, size, or quantity- a noun or pronoun.
Example: The review sessions were helpful.
That is a large classroom.
There were ten students in the morning class.
The verb is a part of speech that describes the action or state of being of the subject.
Example: The IELTS review was intensive.
The student works at the coffee shop at night.
He saw the exam results.
The adverb is a part of speech that describes a verb, adverb, or an adjective.
Example: The student immediately answered the Writing test.
Her teacher silently checked the papers.
His professors highly recommend him.
The preposition is a part of speech that pertains to words that specify location or place in time.
Example: Look under your desk.
The cat was sitting on the desk.
The child fainted during the game.
The conjunction is a part of speech that joins clauses, sentences, or words.
Example: She prefers bread and tea.
The student was determined, but it was unexpected.
The student will ace the IELTS exam because he studied hard.
The interjection is a part of speech that expresses emotions and is usually followed by an exclamation point.
Example: Wow! It was awesome.
Bank on the basics of the English language to secure optimal knowledge and skills acquisition. Learn more about the discourse through the IELTS review center in Manila.
- "Part of Speech Overview." Part of Speech. October 29, 2016. Accessed April 10, 2017. http://partofspeech.org/.
- "Parts of Speech." English Club. Accessed April 10, 2017. https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/parts-of-speech.htm.
- "There are nine parts of speech." There are nine parts of speech. Accessed April 10, 2017. http://www.edb.utexas.edu/minliu/pbl/ESOL/help/libry/speech.htm