HOW TO STAY POSITIVE DURING EXAMS
Intensive IELTS review sessions entail keeping a sound mind and body. Teachers in exceptional training programs like those in the IELTS review center in Manila dedicate their time and effort to unleash the maximum potential of their students. However, keeping a positive perspective requires more work from yourself rather than anyone else.
Nothing good will come out of negative thoughts. Follow the tips mentioned above to stay motivated amidst intensive review sessions.1. Set your goals. What is your desired IELTS band score? Why will you take the IELTS exam? These are some questions that you need to answer to help set your goals. Once you have identified them, make them your motivation. Do not perceive the exam as an obstacle or a burden. Look at it as a challenge, a doorway toward your dream life and career abroad.
2. Document your learning progress. Keep track of your learning development. Which aspect do you lag behind? Is it the Speaking, Writing, Listening, or the Reading section? Documenting your growth helps in determining which skills you still need to hone and which lessons you have to study further. It can also help you determine in which of the four communicative skills you excel the most.
Knowing your weakness and strength is an advantage when taking the IELTS exam. It will guide you toward attaining your band score goal. More importantly, it lets you discover your learning ability and capacity.
3. Stay on track. Do not let the exam pressure distract you. Study up and keep your focus. Remember, this is only a battle between your thoughts and inner desires. Win this fight and stay driven.
4. Learn from your mistakes. Every student experiences downfall from time to time. Let your mistakes teach you and guide you toward excellence. Do not let your low-performance evaluation on the first few days of the IELTS review drag you down. Give yourself a chance to improve and work on your development. Your mistakes shall inspire to do better and not discourage you from trying again.
5. Engage in peer review sessions. Staying connected with the right people is a surefire way to keep the positive vibes flowing. Participate in group study sessions and allow yourself to discover other people’s perspective. This is also a perfect avenue to hone your skills. Furthermore, your peers can serve as an outlet to vent out your exam frustrations. Surround yourself with people who can understand you, and together, achieve your IELTS score goal worry-free.
6. Relax. Do not pressure yourself. Relax and enjoy the whole learning process. Look at it as an opportunity to develop your communication skills and showcase your potential to the world.
- Love, Bessy. "Healing Quotes." Pinterest. October 19, 2016. Accessed May 10, 2017. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/Afs-fVybhg0n2NAQea3Tfdwf0VS7bbkv5IxTXShbpXa-FSoYjXjrJQ0/.
- Leach, Anna. "How to stay positive and manage anxiety during exam season." The Guardian. April 07, 2016. Accessed May 10, 2017. https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/apr/07/how-to-stay-positive-and-manage-anxiety-during-exam-season.
- "University of St Andrews." Managing exam stress | Current Students | University of St Andrews. Accessed May 10, 2017. https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/advice/personal/managingexamstress/.
- Kaur, Dr. Darpan. "Don't Let Exam Stress Get to You - Here's How to Cope!" Practo. May 23, 1970. Accessed May 10, 2017. https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/don-t-let-exam-stress-get-to-you-here-s-how-to-cope-16440/post.
- "8 Ways to Keep a Positive Mindset During Exams." Oxford Summer School from Oxford Royale Academy. March 22, 2017. Accessed May 10, 2017. https://www.oxford-royale.co.uk/articles/positive-mindset-exams.html.